I got my order in from Dharma Trading Company last week, and quickly got to work on a few things. As the website indicated, these items are sized to shrink, so they need to be washed before they're monogrammed. But washing and drying them left them so soft and not quite as light-weight as they first seemed. I was pleased with the quality of the shirts, dresses, and rompers, as were a few of my friends. I got this Bolivian tie dress and added some grosgrain ribbon under its empire seam and along the hem. I just love the citrus colors of this ribbon! With the addition of a flowery monogram, I think this will be great for the summer heat!


There are so many striped ribbons available now, and I think that rick rack would be cute, too. Thinner ribbons (5/8" and thinner) will work better to follow the curved seams of the A-line dresses, but thicker ribbons might work on some of the gathered dresses. I'll be sure to post some more projects are they're completed.
No comments:
Post a Comment