Friday, September 19, 2008

Can you monogram this?

It seems as though someone's always asking if I can monogram this type of fabric or that... This bib is from Pottery Barn Kids and is made of a really nice oilcloth fabric so that it can easily be wiped off. (It was purchased in the store, I don't see it online.) And yes, as you can see, I can monogram it, too.
I can monogram on most fabric, as long as I can get it into a hoop for my machine. The only things that give me much of a problem are items that are very heavy-- large canvas bags, large blankets, bath mats, etc. It's not the weight of the fabric that's a problem, but the overall weight of the item, as it pulls against the machine preventing the embroidery from being even. I've even monogrammed a heavy nylon strap (like for a garment bag, I think) and a camera strap. So let your creativity flow!

No comments: