Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fabric Finds

I've returned from a fun day filled with fabric shopping and a really yummy lunch with a friend. I so missed preschool over the summer! Here are some of the pretty fabrics that I came back with... A white on black damask would be beautiful with a brightly colored, formal monogram, and I think that the black on black swirly pattern would look great with something a little more funky. These poppies are my personal favorite, look for my coffee cup with this fabric in the near future. And I think that the red toile-like fabric would look beautiful with a black monogram.
These are a little busier patterns, but still so nice... Black on pink damask (maybe a white monogram?) the pink and green swirly paisley (I think a darker green monogram would be nice), yellow with blue flowers (navy looks great), and the green and turquoise paisley (probably white or the darker turquoise color would owrk well)...
I couldn't get the colors of these to ring as true as I'd like, the first damask is sort of a dusty blue-green color, I think would look awesome with chocolate brown. The second is chocolate brown with several blues, then the third is a celadon green-- would look lovely with a dusty rose or a darker celadon monogram. Finally is a celadon and baby blue argyle.
And though I was looking for "grown up" fabrics, any of these would work for sippy cups, too. But here's my absolute favorite fabric of the day, of course for kiddos-- crayons! I think that it's going to need to have a pretty thick font so that it shows up, and it might even need to be black to show the best. I'll be doing at least a couple of these soon, I just love the fabric!


No comments: