Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gettin' Crafty

The list of blogs that I'm following seems to grow everyday. But there are so many out there with such great (and do-able!) ideas. In the latest posting on Inchmark Journal, Brooke described this fun little Valentine's Day project that I just had to try. My little girl helped me choose some fun papers, and I picked up some little match boxes at the grocery store. Here's my sewing table, set up with all the things my kiddos and I will need...I'll let you check out her tutorial if you're interested. But here's our finished product-- an adorable little box perfectly sized for holding some yummy m&ms. Ours probably won't turn out as perfectly as hers, but then again, I never worked for Martha Stewart, either.

Update: Here's how they turned out-- it was so much fun to watch my little girl debate which patterns would look good together and delight as I praised her choices. We'll definitely be doing this project again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this! Would be great with sports fabric and balls or birthday fabric to use as party favors. Even at Halloween for class party treats or at Christmas for treats. You could even hang them on a tree at Christmas for your kids to have their own tree filled with treats and eat one each day as you count down to Santa. This is TERRIFIC!