My daughter's birthday is this weekend, and we're having a fairy themed party. When I saw this posting on Grosgrain Fabulous, I knew that my little fairy needed one of these pettiskirts. She has begun to determine if a dress is acceptable to wear by its "twirlability," and this skirt definitely looks like it would be good for twirling. The link that Kathleen posted to Martha's blog, where Kandi of Kaiya Eve pettiskirts gave away their secrets, didn't give all the details actually needed to make the skirt, and Martha even mentioned in the video that it would be worth paying the $80 for a Kaiya Eve. So I went in search of some more details, and came across a posting on Sew, Mama, Sew. Kerri (who makes and sells pettiskirts) gave some fabulous pointers, so I set off. While this was a technically simple project (that is, a few simple steps repeated over and over and over), there is A LOT of chiffon to deal with, and that definitely takes this skirt out of the easy range. Kerri, who was sweet enough to quickly answer a desperate email from me Saturday morning, is in the process of putting together a tutorial complete with measurements and pictures that will be for sale on her website. But I'm thinking that it might just be worth spending $65 and ordering one from her! Still, I am thrilled with how this turned out.
A view from below-- that's a lot of fluff!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It turned out BEAUTIFUL! You did a fabulous job and I'm so glad that you found my instructions helpful!
Post a Comment