Tuesday, March 3, 2009

For the birds...

For all of you who loved that little bird I did a few weeks ago, here's another take on it. Using the sweet light green and pink makes it a perfect baby gift. This burp cloth actually inspired another (whose picture is apparently still in my camera) that we did with a little bunny. I'm really loving the simplicity of these little blanket-stitched appliques. Simple and sweet. Two of my favorite things. I may be blogging a little less than usual for a couple of weeks. We have a birthday coming up at our house, and so that is beginning to consume me-- the outfit and birthday hat, of course, but also all of the things lots of little fairies need at a birthday party, and of course at least a couple of these involve spending a significant amount of time at the sewing machine. (I'm super excited about one of them, if it turns out I'll be sure to show it off here!) Plus, my copy of Heather Ross' new book (see below!) just came in and now I'm obsessing over all her ideas, too! And as I look back over this posting, I'm realizing that I really do need to spend some time on the photography tips-- especially lighting-- from MeRa Koh that are just waiting to be realized in those yet unopened DVDs that I got for Christmas. I wish there were a few more hours in my day!

No comments: