Tuesday, June 16, 2009

In the bag...

When I was exploring the Container Store a few weeks ago, I found some great looking shopping totes-- an Asian floral print. And I remember thinking to myself how much I love Scout bags-- too bad they're so pricey... Then I checked the tag, they weren't Scout-- and they were $3! I snagged some as teacher gifts immediately. I went back later-- I needed more-- and found these lovelies! I saw them and knew what most people would want on all of these bags-- hot pink, curlz. (A single initial is really all that will work on these bags.) And hot pink curlz looks nice.
But since I do so much monogramming, I tend to try to venture a little farther from the norm. When I saw the color of this bag, I instantly though of putting a turquoise initial on it, and I love it! I also put an orange initial on the green one for my mom (sorry no picture...) and it looked very nice, too. And then one step further... I used a red initial in a much more modern font for my bag. I just love the juxtaposition of the classic, traditional damask print with the modern font and color scheme.
I may have to go back and get some more. I just love these things.

1 comment:

Sally Brewer said...

I grabbed some this week on my trek out to the Container Store. :) Thanks for the tip!