Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Back to normal?

I imagine that many of you reading this are like me, celebrating a return to normalcy.  Almost.  Despite a two hour delay today, I’m thrilled that my kiddos are back to school, and so are they.  I haven’t had much to blog about lately—less time of my own to spend monogramming, and not many things waiting to be done.  So I’ll share with you a project my kindergartener did with a friend one not-as-snowy day.  I cut out shapes at their request and they hand stitched the appliques onto fleece scarves.  They even helped me make ruffles on the sewing machine to trim out their scarves.  They had a blast and were so proud!  Not the way I might have chose to embellish a scarf, but they were so cute; sitting, stitching, and making up songs as they worked.  And I must say that now that all of the snow is over (I hope) I’m looking forward to doing some “real” monogramming and appliques later this week!

snow day scarf

No comments: