Wednesday, May 12, 2010

We heart teachers!

Last week was teacher appreciation week, and so my kiddos chose ribbon and thread colors to make monogrammed keychains for their teachers.  I had my kindergartener write her teacher a note to go with the gift.  I really love this one!DSC_0001 (3)The note that she wrote to the assistant in her classroom shows that she chose what to write without any coaching!  (Can you tell that the assistant spends more time with the students who need more help and has less interaction with the kids who can focus on their own?)  DSC_0009I left a spot on the card for my three year old to sign his name.  Even though he knows how to write his name correctly, I think at least one of his teachers’ cards bore a signature with an upside down letter or two, just because it’s funny!  DSC_0012 (2)

And I don’t show this off to make you feel badly if you didn’t know it was Teacher Appreciation week.  (This was my first year to celebrate it!)  But I think these keychains make great end of the year thank you gifts, too.  And it’s hard to believe, but the end of the year is right around the corner!

No comments: