Wednesday, June 16, 2010

In the most unexpected places…

A friend emailed me last week that she was trying to think of something to give her niece for her first birthday.  We were thinking maybe an appliqued t-shirt, but hadn’t made any decisions.  Later that morning, I headed out to Fairfax to my sewing machine shop, but arrived about fifteen minutes before it opened.  So I headed to the only store nearby to kill some time, and found this adorable dress.  A perfect party dress—so I emailed my friend a picture, and left the store with it a few minutes later.  I love the way it turned out, too! DSC_0006 (3)

The unexpected part:  this adorable dress came from K-Mart!  I was shocked.  And even better than a $10 price tag?  A 30% off sale.  I’m going to have to remember to have an open mind and keep my eyes peeled!DSC_0007 (3)

No comments: