Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Welcome, baby Matthew!

My daughter and the rest of her kindergarten class have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of their teacher’s new baby.  Little Matthew finally made his appearance last week, and she was thrilled to help me make this gift set for him.  The motif on the burp cloth and bib was all her idea—she thought that a goldfish was perfect since it’s their class mascot; I couldn’t have agreed more.  And a big tote is always handy to have around.DSC_0006 (5)I love to get gifts like these to the new family quickly, so I took it to the post office, packaged it up, and bought postage without addressing it.  I took the postage paid package to the school office and had them address it for me and slip it in the mail.  That way my daughter’s teacher will get the package quickly and the school didn’t  have to share her personal information.  And the administrative assistant who helped me was the nicest lady—I’m so glad we have such a great elementary school!

No comments: