Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Gift Giving: For the Man in Your Life

It’s so much simpler to choose a small, yet meaningful, personalized gift for a woman.  I’ve struggled with this many times.  I made these handkerchiefs at the request of my husband, for the retirement of one of his colleagues.  Small, but thoughtful, and even if the recipient doesn’t use them on a daily basis (though my husband does), I’ll bet he thinks of you when he takes them out on special occasions.DSC_0002 (4)Incidentally, handkerchiefs can be a little hard to find, much like that elusive plain tee.  While there may be some pricey options available year round at the nicer men’s clothing shops, boxes of them tend to pop up around Christmas time, along with other weird things like nose hair trimmers and acrylic scarves on gift displays at department stores and Target.  (Now that I think of it, you could also probably find them year round at your local old-timey hardware store—around here, think Ayer’s or the Variety Store.  Those places have everything.)  At any rate, this is another gift item that’s worth stocking up on ahead of time.

No comments: