Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Flying high

It’s funny how I’ll see something and get an idea, and then promptly forget about it.  When someone emailed asking about an airplane appliqué, I started looking around for ideas.  I didn’t much care for most that I’ve seen others do—too cutesy or too complicated—and I couldn’t really find a silhouette that actually still looked like an airplane.  But when I saw the simple line drawing of a paper airplane, I knew I had it!  And in that instant, I remembered seeing a similar line drawing a year or so and thinking that I should make my own.  Thankfully, the mom in question also loved the paper airplane, so I made a couple for her boys, and will be making one for my own.  (As soon as I get close to being caught up!)  My husband even suggested that our daughter has been rather proud of her paper airplane making skills, so I’m thinking I might do one in a girlier fabric for her.DSC_0044 (2)

No comments: