Enduring colors.
This very weekend, ten years ago, my husband and I moved from our one bedroom apartment to the house where we now live. We moved from our one bedroom apartment about a half mile from the Pentagon. And a few days later, I watched the Pentagon burn from my lab at Georgetown and on television from my new house in Arlington. That day changed so much in our world. And despite the events of that day, so much has changed since. I am thankful for all those who have worked tirelessly so that I can, with confidence, tell my daughter about that day, focusing on the fact that we are safe now.This weekend, as all our minds are filled with memories of that day, of the innocents who lost their lives, I will celebrate. The safety of my family, the wonderful blessings that have filled my life in those ten years. And those enduring colors.
No comments:
Post a Comment