Cool, crisp air is so refreshing after a long, hot summer. With those first few breezes, my mind immediately turns to thoughts of sweaters, boots, and the smell of apple cider. My husband’s mind? It instantly focuses on one thing: college football.
These burp cloths were a gift for a baby whose parents chose not to find out the baby’s gender before the big day. To avoid the onslaught of light green, light yellow, and duckies that are found on so many gender neutral baby items, we used school colors from the parents’ alma maters to make these special: blue and orange for the UVA alum, purple and yellow for the JMU alum.
Once baby Will made his way into the world, I was able to personalize these burp cloths quickly to make them a super special gift for the new family. I was a little worried about the prospect of a burp cloth for a boy that prominently featured purple, but putting his name on that cloth in the bright golden yellow ensured that purple was clearly a secondary color, and the deeper yellow was a great contrast to the white cloth. Incidentally, had this baby been a girl, I probably would have used purple on that one!(In cases like these, I’ll often make up the burp cloth sans name for shower gifts. Either the gift giver or the mom can bring them back to me to await the baby’s arrival, and I’ll put the baby’s name or monogram as soon as I hear the name.)
No comments:
Post a Comment