“Reduce, reuse, recycle” seems to be a prominent phrase as people talk about “going green.” I’m all for reducing, but cutting out paper towels or remembering to bring reusable bags when I head to the grocery store is a little tough. We do our best with recycling, though, with our giant recycling bin. Thanks, Arlington County. But by far, I like “reuse” the best. This little orange gingham top is part of a bloomer set that I bought from Ragsland probably six years ago. My daughter wore the daylights out of it—with a long sleeve peter pan collar blouse in the fall, turtleneck in the winter, short sleeve peter pan collar blouse in the spring, and sans shirt on summer evenings on a trip to the Florida Keys. A dear friend had a baby girl four years ago this week (happy birthday, A!) and when she was big enough, I ripped out my daughter’s monogram and put hers in its place. Now that another very dear friend has a one year old, I found myself once again ripping out an old monogram and replacing it. Though it could use a good pressing, this little outfit is in great shape. And it makes me so happy to see another little girl toddling around in orange gingham. I love that someone else can enjoy it, and I really love that when I see her I can fondly remember my now Rapunzel-haired second grader running around with her teeny little sprouts for pigtails. Who knew going green could be so sweet?
Friday, November 4, 2011
Orange is the new green
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment