Tuesday, February 7, 2012

It’s the thought that counts, right?

I love helping out with special gifts, but this ranks a little higher than the average gift.  I monogrammed this tote last week, and I imagine by now, it’s already been filled with lots of thoughtful items and is in full use.  It was a gift for a cousin who had just been diagnosed with cancer, for her use during her many doctor and clinic visits.  I don’t know what might have filled this bag, but I can imagine a notebook for recording important information and questions, a bottle of water, and that one special snack that sounds good is a great start.  And this bag is plenty roomy for a magazine, book, and maybe even some knitting to pass the time during long waits.

DSC_0006

I can’t imagine a gift much more thoughtful. I’m so happy to have played a part in a gift that will be a daily reminder to a special lady of just how much she is loved.

No comments: