Monday, March 19, 2012

Model Monday: An American Girl

While American Girl makes some matching clothes for girls and their dolls, I’ve never been too crazy about them.  Besides the pajamas, they never really look like they fit the big girls in the catalogs, and we all know that clothes usually look much better in catalogs than in real life!  Last week, I was talking to a friend who shared my opinions, saying that the outfit her daughter had didn’t fare so well in the wash. And of course, they’re super spendy. But it turns out that there are alternatives to the great American Girl empire.  This argyle tee and skirt set came from Michael’s, and the tee was easy enough to replicate with an argyle applique for the big girl.  Years ago, I monogrammed plain white tees (another set at Michael’s is a white tee and jeans) for a girl and her doll, and it was super cute, too.DSC_0076

I love that this outfit is a little more unique—it’s not something that every girl and her mother has seen in the AG catalog.   And what’s better than a smile like this?

No comments: