Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A New Season

As the leaves changed last fall, I didn't quite know what I was in for-- but I knew that I was entering a different season of my life. Like I'd hoped, as spring brought renewal to the trees and flowers in our neighborhood, my body, too, has been restored. After a diagnosis of breast cancer last October, I went through sixteen weeks of chemo followed by surgery, and I am now nearing the completion of my healing process-- cancer free and with no further treatment needed! With the support of a fabulous medical team, family, and friends, I fared very well, and I am eager to get back to normal!


I think I'm ready to do a little monogramming! I still need a pretty big nap most days and have lingering appointments from time to time. (I may or may not be writing this while waiting on a doctor in an exam room...) So for now, I may limit how many things I can take at once, and I think I'd like to keep it simple for myself. No appliqués just yet, but I look forward to adding a name or monogram to something special for your little ones.


I hope you're enjoying the arrival of spring-- a brand new season in so many ways, and I look forward to catching up with you and your precious, growing children!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Hooray! You are back! You know we've been praying so much here in TX!