Most embroiderers have a favorite type of thread, and I'm no exception to that rule. I've almost finished transitioning to use Madeira PolyNeon thread exclusively. I think it sews out well and looks nice on a finished project. One thing I really love-- my super cool new thread chart that helps me find just the right thread color for every project. Of course, I've got lots of thread on hand, but if I don't have what I need, I have over 350 thread colors to choose from, and I can know that the color is exactly right when I'm ordering it. Another really neat thing about this thread is that it's bleach resistant! Such a bonus for monograms on white collars and things like burpcloths. I've almost finished the transition to this thread, but beware-- not everything that I've done in the past is bleach resistant, so don't go crazy with the bleach pens just yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment