Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy graduation, girls!

They grow up so fast-- I can't believe my girls are graduating! Well, of course, my children are still preschoolers. But every Sunday for the last two years I've had the pleasure of teaching Laura, Kate, and Claire during their junior and senior years in high school. I decided to make them pillowcases to take as they head off to school. Laura's going to Clemson, where she'll help manage the footaball team, Claire is headed to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and Kate, a die-hard Washington Capitals fan, is going to stick around at NOVA for another year before transferring. (Did you know that if you attend NOVA for two years and maintain a certain GPA, you can transfer to any Virginia state school and pay NOVA tuition for your last two years of college?!) I also found these cute little insulated coolers which seem perfect for a road trip to me!
So I tucked the pillowcase and a book inside the coolers, (don't they make an adorable gift bag?) and tied them up with some curly ribbon. Congratulations, girls, I'm so proud of you!

No comments: