This posting could also fall under the title: It pays to ask. A friend saw these coffee cups in a little boutique in North Carolina, and upon returning home asked me if I'd ever done any. Now I hadn't, but I knew where I could get some, so I decided to give it a shot. I think they turned out well, and so I ordered a few extra to keep on hand as a quick gift idea. The cup with the single initial photographs better, but I really like the three letter monogram, too. (Editor's note: They suggest you hand wash these, which I don't love, but if you do that I don't think you'd have to take the insert out, which is a little tough in these cups.)
And since I mentioned toddlers, I thought I'd throw in this picture, too. These are some new sippy cups made by Playtex-- the only brand I've found that hardly ever leaks. These are called the "Create Your Own" cups, and they come in a variety of lid colors with either the traditional sippy cup lid or the straw lid, as shown here. Since there are so many varieties, I don't keep them on hand, but I've found them at Babies R Us and Target. I've got a template for the insert, so you don't even have to bring me the cup. Unfortunately, you need to take it apart and remove the insert to put it in the dishwasher, but it's not that big of a deal, and then you could use the same insert in several cups.
This sippy cup would be a great gift for toddlers-- first birthdays, or for that newly adopted kiddo. A fun idea for the coffee cup: I can use fabric that coordinates with a diaper bag to give the set as a shower gift for a new mom! (I'll try to do a set like that to feature in the future.)
1 comment:
Love it!
Post a Comment