Charlotte's mom also sent me some great Lands End shirts in navy to make birthday shirts for Charlotte and her friend, Zoe.
Charlotte's fifth birthday party is this weekend, and they're going to have a gymnastics party-- how fun! I still remember when Charlotte was born-- time really flies!
Charlotte's mom did a smart thing here and let me pick the fonts. (She does that a lot! She's also really good about getting back to emails, so I sent her proofs, and I waited for her ok before I started sewing.) I didn't use the same font for both girls, though, because since Zoe is such a short name, it needed a font with wide letters so that the name would take up the right amount of space. To look visually appealing, the name needed to be wider than the appliqued number without being too tall or too short, and choosing a font with that in mind gave me the end result I was looking for on both shirts.
Happy birthday, girls!
Charlotte's fifth birthday party is this weekend, and they're going to have a gymnastics party-- how fun! I still remember when Charlotte was born-- time really flies!
Charlotte's mom did a smart thing here and let me pick the fonts. (She does that a lot! She's also really good about getting back to emails, so I sent her proofs, and I waited for her ok before I started sewing.) I didn't use the same font for both girls, though, because since Zoe is such a short name, it needed a font with wide letters so that the name would take up the right amount of space. To look visually appealing, the name needed to be wider than the appliqued number without being too tall or too short, and choosing a font with that in mind gave me the end result I was looking for on both shirts.
Happy birthday, girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment