OK, so I'm really still sitting in the same place. But the area around my sewing machine has been drastically changed. My sweet husband built me a new sewing table, and I've been able to use those Container Store purchases to their fullest. I even got to pick up a few more things once I had everything set up. And I'm loving how organized I feel! (I hope I can keep it up...) One of my favorite things is a set of drawers that are devoted specifically to holding all the things people bring me to monogram for them. I can store everything neatly, in one place, and I'm even working on some fabulous way to label the drawers so that I know what's in each one and how long it's been there at a glance... I share all of this for a purpose, in case you're wondering. I thought I'd let you all know just what I do and do not need when you bring me something to monogram...
- Please bring me baskets if I'm monogramming the liner. (I'll probably send it back home with you, but will want to mark the liner while it's in the basket to make sure that size and placement are correct.)
- Please bring me things if we're matching a color. (I have ten shades of pink and at least as many of blue, and your idea of light pink may not be the same as mine. Again, I'll probably send it back once we've selected the thread color...)
- I'd prefer you don't bring me hangers. I've started trying to give them back. They take up a lot of room to store, and then I have to try to remember to put the garments back on the hangers when I'm finished, or you just end up short on hangers, and I end up with hangers all over the floor!
- I'd also prefer you don't bring me bloomers or pants, or any other part of an outfit that doesn't need to be monogrammed. Again, it's so much easier for me if I don't have to keep track of extra things.
- Most things don't need to be prewashed. But if you've got something knit like a t-shirt that might shrink, it's probably best if you wash it before you bring it to me. (Though I'll admit, I don't always prewash t-shirts and knit dresses before I monogram. But I know that my mom would tell me I should!)
Thanks for being considerate about this. I always do my very best to make sure that I keep everything you bring me together, and that you end up with the best monogram possible. But I certainly appreciate it when you make it easy on me!
No comments:
Post a Comment