Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Charmed, I’m sure

This week is the annual Vacation Bible School at our church.  They usually give all of the teachers some sort of “thank you” for serving for the week.  This year, each teacher was given a stainless steel water bottle with a karabiner at the top so we could hook it to our bags, strollers, or whatever.  Of course, it occurred to my friends and me at lunch that it was a little funny for 150+ people to be walking around with the exact same water bottle.  A friend jokingly asked me if I could monogram them.  Ahhh…  Do not tempt me.

keychains2

I think it’s a nice gesture to thank my kiddos’ teachers at the end of the week.  So I began to devise a plan whereby I would thank them at the beginning of the week with a keychain that they could place on as a charm atop their water bottle and then use as a keychain later.  A few keychains—pretty easy project.  Plus they only have 3 teachers.  Each.  And I wanted one.  And I should probably make one for the rest of my team.  Oh, and the children’s minister.  Of course, there’s also the VBS director and the children’s ministry assistant.  Throw in another friend, and I somehow ended up making 14 of these on the eve of VBS.  But I know which water bottle’s mine, and it’s never looked snazzier!

keychains1

I printed up a simple thank you card letting them know that the keychain could help them keep track of their water bottle this week and how much we appreciate them, and then threaded the keychain through a hole I punched at the top.  I had my kids sign (or mark with an initial, in the 2 year old’s case!) the cards for their teachers and the children’s minister, and we set off for a full week.  After just one day, I’m beat.  But I’m not thirsty!

No comments: