When I wanted silhouettes made of my kiddos, I had to really work to find a local artist who could cut them. With the advent of etsy, computer generated silhouettes are pretty easy to come across. But recently, a friend of mine has started Sweetheart Silhouettes, a small (local!) business hand cutting custom silhouettes. To me, the fact that she hand cuts each one makes it such a special heirloom. Unable to get her little ones to sit still long enough, she turned to using a photograph to guide her cutting, which lends itself well to a small mom-based business.
While I love the classic silhouettes (like those shown above), you can also choose to have your silhouette mounted on colored or patterned papers, and she’s willing to use fabrics that you might have that coordinate with your decor.
These would make great Grandparent gifts—and if you get in touch with her now, you could already be finished with at least that part of your Christmas shopping!
No comments:
Post a Comment