I try not to post things that aren’t finished. But as with every rule, there are some exceptions. After wrestling away the Chasing Fireflies catalog from my fashion focused six year old (who wanted everything in the catalog, by the way) I saw this adorable shirt:
Now, I really hate to copy another design completely, but there’s really no design here, so I thought it would be fun to put my own spin on it. I liked that it could be personalized, and it leaves room for the funny things kids say. Of course, when I asked my daughter what she was thankful for, I got the “Sunday school” answer: friends, family, and house. A little too boring for me. I’m hoping that she’ll approve this design: Maybe this is the case of “it’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission”? Perhaps I’ll make it while she’s at school! And I know that these colors aren’t too “Thanksgiving-y",” but given her aforementioned penchant for twirly skirts, I thought that I should choose colors that would work with her twirly skirt wardrobe. We’ll use more fall colors for little brother’s shirt:
And thinking of Thanksgiving naturally leads to thoughts of Christmas. Maybe there should be an “All I Want for Christmas” shirt in this series!
Let me know if you’re interested in this design, we’ll need to get on top of it so your kiddo has plenty of time to show it off before Thanksgiving!

No comments:
Post a Comment