Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving! | Bleach tips

Though they’ve only had them a couple of weeks, I really make every effort to get all the wear possible out of my kiddos’ holiday outfits.  So, after kiddo #1’s sleeves were just plain dingy and kiddo #2 had an “incident” with a LOT of brown paint, I decided that these shirts were not quite what I’d hoped for in a Thanksgiving Day ensemble.  I’ve mentioned before that the thread I use is bleach resistant, but I’m betting you’re a little nervous about testing that out like I was.  That was until my daughter literally ruined a white dress with a slice of watermelon.  Three rounds of bleach pen later, it was wearable, and the monogram was fine.  So in preparation for our big feast, I threw these tees in the washer with my white towels and a generous amount of bleach.  Our basement smelled like a hotel pool!  And while there are still a few remnants of brown paint (“washable” paint, mind you), the embroidery is as bright as ever.  So as long as there’s no other color but the embroidery, bleach away!

DSC_0024 (2)

No comments: