When a friend called and asked if I could do a “fat beagle running team” logo, I was a little perplexed to say the least. But when she told me the story and we discussed ideas, I was more than on board, and it became one of those projects that I completed super quickly, just because I couldn’t wait to see how it would turn out, and I couldn’t wait to share the story! She, her husband, and her sister were signed up to run in a ten mile race this Sunday. They invited me and my husband to join them back when they signed up, but I didn’t think that there would be time for me to get my distance up to ten miles so quickly. My husband is a real runner, so there was time for him. But he declined, saying that with the time so short, one snowstorm or virus could put him out of commission long enough to throw a wrench in his training schedule. Unfortunately for my friend, she was hit by not one, but two stomach viruses, and a respiratory virus to boot. Once she and her husband (also the victim of said viruses) were recovered from the plague that settled on their house for at least two weeks, they hit the trail to restart their training regimen. She was pretty disappointed when they were passed by someone running with a fat beagle. They never did manage to pass that fat beagle. Despite the fact that he stopped to poop. Twice. But I’m betting that with all their extra work in the week or two since, they’re as fast as a fat beagle now. And so I wish the Fat Beagle Running Team all the best on Sunday!
And stay tuned for some behind the scenes antics Friday to see some of the crazy things we do to get everything just right!
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
The Fat Beagle Running Team
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment