Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Limited Edition: Celebrating Sisters

You may remember the sibling set that I did about this time last year for these three as the little sister was about to arrive.  The big girls loved those shirts, and so this year, we decided to kick it up a notch.DSC_0273 Which brings me to the “Limited Edition” part of the title.  This will be a new recurring feature where I show off things that I’m probably not willing to do again.  This set definitely qualifies, doing three separate appliques for those adorable paper dolls was a chore, though I knew what I was getting into when I started.  Limited edition items are usually things that are too time intensive and labor intensive to do frequently, and usually they’re things that I’ve done as gifts or for my own kiddos.

So while I don’t plan to do this design again, I loved the way it turned out too much not to share!  And just to see the use of patterns and colors might give you ideas for something else.

No comments: