Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Limited Edition: Birthday Duo

While these two aren’t twins, their birthdays fall close enough to each other that they can celebrate together.  All kids love the silly rhythms of a Dr. Seuss book, and so their mom chose to do a party for them centering around the bright colors and whimsy that make up his books.  I absolutely adore how these turned out, I took a hat motif from the fabric and stitched it on the top of each number at mom’s request, and I couldn’t have been more pleased with the finished product.DSC_0889Mom ordered this fabric online and brought me a yard of it to do these two appliques.  (That’s way more fabric than I need.)  But it did allow me to be super choosy, I made sure that each number prominently featured a birthday cake, and of course, I was able to save two full hats to perch atop each number.  But really, that still only used a very small portion of the fabric.  The remaining yardage is destined to become bean bags to use in a party game.  Great idea!  Happy birthday to the two lucky kiddos!

No comments: