Monday, September 5, 2011

So Long, Summer…

DSC_0204

Tonight I sit.  Contemplating.  Looking back over such a busy summer.  I’m so happy that we managed to complete many of the things on our summer list (it was hard to squeeze them all in).  And I’m looking forward to a new, busy year.  I put my eldest on the bus in the morning, and the little guy will stick with me for another week until he starts preschool.  His last year of preschool. Sigh.  After such a busy two months, I’ve relished the opportunity to be a little “lazy” this weekend, as if a mom ever gets to be lazy.  But I’m looking forward to routine.  The getting up and getting moving—there’s something fulfilling about having done so much so early!  And there’s something wonderful about checking things off a list.  For all those who have been so patient over the summer: thank you!  It’s been tough to get even a second to sit down and monogram, but my schedule will be seriously calming down and I’ll be able to get back to my regular two week turnaround—monogramming, checking off my list, photographing, and blogging.

I know the grass is always greener on the other side, and I’m sure by May, I’ll be longing for the “lazy days” of summer.  But for now, bring on fall.  Packed schedules, big stacks of monogramming, homework, and all.  Cool breezes, beautiful changing leaves, sweaters, and hot chocolate.  So long, summer.  Welcome, fall.

No comments: