Not that I really could have done anything about it, but I wouldn’t necessarily suggest having a baby the week after Christmas. I finally decided this was the year that I would plan before we returned from Christmas travels. Last summer, I thought it would be so ironic to have a beach party the first week of January. While I enjoyed the nearly 70 degree weather we had last week, I was a little bummed that the kiddos weren’t showing up to the beach party in full on winter weather gear. Ah well. The best laid plans…
Still, the beach theme was fun for me. I bought sand pails, water guns, and a few sand toys last summer. When the towels went on sale, I grabbed as many colors I could find (or I should say, my friend and I could find! Thanks for the help!) and put them in the attic. I dragged them all down last week and started monogramming—a labor of love, one friend pointed out, knowing how much I love monogramming towels. I’m so glad the moms loved them, but thought that it was adorable that at least one little boy had to sleep with his that night he was so excited!
I couldn’t help but show off the cute cupcakes. Don’t get all excited, I found these on pinterest and adapted them a little. My big five year old insisted that we must have the teddy grahams in their life preservers, and my nearly eight year old party planner felt that piping the ocean frosting was critical. So glad I have their help, these turned out just like I’d’ hoped!
1 comment:
Love your detail photos. :)
Post a Comment