The kids are back to school. But this year, I have two elementary schoolers. I’m still trying to wrap my mind around what that means for me. Am I living the dream, will I become a lady who lunches? Probably not. Will I make more of my monogramming business, try to grow it? Probably not. I’m comfortable with what I’ve been doing. Right now, I’ve got a full slate of back to school appointments, things that I’ve let slide while I’ve been busy with the kids over the summer. I’m sure I’ll be spending some time in the classrooms of my kiddos, and there are probably a few fun projects that I’d love to try in my found time. So tomorrow, I’m going to head back to the sewing machine and do a little monogramming, return a phone call or two, and send out some emails. I don’t have a set fall schedule, but am ready to start helping out with fun fall projects.
And a word of caution: when your child is so accustomed to having monogrammed and custom everything, they may start making demands. While I had aspirations of buying a special new outfit for the first day of school, my third grader insisted that she needed a “third grade” tee, so she did most of the design work on this one. But I am thrilled that more than three years later, she still loves the pettiskirt. I guess it was worth all the blood, sweat, and tears after all!
No comments:
Post a Comment