My family just doesn't eat hard boiled eggs. Every Easter I struggle between wanting to have enough eggs to dye so that it's fun and the realization that nearly all the beautiful, hard boiled egs will be thrown away. Earlier this week, I came across Retro Mama's fabric Easter egg tutorial, and I knew we had a new family tradition. My five year old daughter had been wanting to do a sewing project with me, so this was the perfect match. She chose fabrics and traced the pattern while I cut and sewed the pieces together. Then she stuffed them and even hand-sewed the openings closed! (I really hate hand sewing, but finding this quick tutorial on the baseball stitch made those openings we did the second day look so much better.)
We even found some more boyish fabric for her little brother to claim as his own. And this was a great project to use up some of my really fun designer fabric scraps that I bought on etsy a couple of weeks ago.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Happy Easter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment