I know some of you set up a time to come over to my house, and we can sit and talk with my thread, computer, and lots of examples at hand (or, rather, upstairs in my kids' rooms!)... But a lot of people drop things at my house when I'm not here, or hand them to me in passing and at school and church, where there is little, if any, time to discuss. I received one such bag last night, and it was a treat! I thought I'd share a few of the things that I appreciated so much.
- No hangers! (I think someone's been reading my blog!)
- Each garment was labeled with the child's full name (first, middle, last) attached securely (I use straight pins, she used binder clips, you can also write directly on the price tag, if it's still attached...)
- She included a thorough note with instructions, making sure that I knew what each child was to be called (it's always good for me to know if the child has a nickname or double name), font and color choices, and all of her contact information. So great to have all that in one place!
- Though she left a lot of the details to me (which is perfectly fine), you could also include information about size and placement of monogram or name.
Such a thoughtful way to put it all together for me. And it certainly helps-- I do a lot of things for a lot of people, and it's always best for me to have all the details with the garments.
Thanks so much, Lucy, I can't wait to monogram all your lovely baby gifts!
No comments:
Post a Comment