Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I know Mother's Day is long gone... But not at my house. My kids seemed to notice how happy it made me when they told me "Happy Mother's Day" on Sunday. So many times a day, every day, they wish me "Happy Mother's Day." And as soon as one of them shares the sentiment, the other comes running to be sure to get in on the action. Too cute. Thought I'd share the gifts the kids helped me with for the grandmothers. I got the idea from Crystal on Little Bit Funky. So I found some kitchen towels and some fabric that would coordinate with each grandmother's kitchen... I traced each kiddo's hand onto heavy weight card stock and then onto lovely damask fabric. And of course, I had to add a little embroidery... What a fun way to remember how tiny those little hands can be!
And by the way, I sewed the hands on "by hand" using a zig zag stitch-- nothing with the fancy embroidery part of my machine. Apart from the initials and date, this is a simple project that anyone with a sewing machine could do.

Bloggers have so many great ideas! The funny thing is, there are few who will actually say, "Man, that was a hard project!" Those who remember the pettiskirt ordeal know that I'll say when something's hard. This was not hard. More than I can say for tonight's project.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

very cute! :) thanks for sharing and have a super day! :)