If you're at all into sewing kids' clothes, you should really check out patterns by Oliver + S. But I'm really not very experienced at sewing, so I've been a little intimidated to order a pattern from them without being able to see how tricky it might be. (They don't ever go on sale for a $1 like the ones at the fabric store, so it's a bit more of an investment.) But, I recently came across their free Lazy Days skirt pattern, so thought I'd give it a try.
It was super simple to make-- honestly only took me an hour from start to finish, but I spent at least 40 minutes of that tending to a grumpy two year old, and my thread kept breaking-- it turns out I just needed to change my needle. So anyway, after following their directions, I cut out three lemons and appliqued them on a t-shirt (using a simple triple stitch-- no fancy embroidery here) to make it a complete outfit. Oh, and I added a "tag" that I made from a small scrap of ribbon so my little girl wouldn't have to fret about which side is the front.
One of the highlights of this pattern is that you don't actually have to hem it. I hate hemming. Really hate it. This skirt has a ribbon hem which is simple, cute, and is so clean. I love the finished look.
Now if it would only get warm enough to wear such a summery outfit! (At least the temporarily cool weather gives me a little more time to make more! This is definitely going to be a summer staple this year, and for years to come...)
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment