Thursday, August 6, 2009

Birthdays Abound…

I’m fortunate enough to be good friends with Sally.  My kiddos miss hers when they’re apart, and I owe my new love of beading to her.  But she’s also a professional photographer, and has taken some fabulous shots of my family.  And since I can’t seem to get the lighting right on appliqued shirts  to save my life, I enlisted her help for this post; what do you know, she managed to capture the colors!  Check out her blog for some of her recent work…

It’s probably been a couple of months since I received a stack of plain t-shirts destined to become birthday gifts.  All these girls were lucky enough to get a special cupcake shirt to celebrate their first birthday.monogram-104 (1) We did this shirt for Piper to match her birthday hat.monogram-103 (1)This birthday princess needed her own tiara, and I was happy to oblige! monogram-105 (1)monogram-106 (1) And lest you think girls get to have all the fun, here’s Collin’s cowboy hat.  I just love this—I think both my kiddos will be sporting this applique this fall, his in blue, hers in pink.monogram-101 (1)Thanks again, Sally, for taking these.  The colors are so much purer than I’m usually capable of.   (And I promise, the next time I enlist your help, I’ll iron everything first!)

No comments: